Mrs. Muñoz's Class Blog

Using Web 2.0 Tools to Instruct and Engage

Class Dojo: Classroom Behavior Management

November 3, 2011 by Kim Munoz · 5 Comments · Things I Do In My Classroom

If you haven’t heard of Class Dojo yet, or tried it out in your classroom, then start today. It’s so easy to use and it has made a difference in my classes. All you do is use your computer, iPad or smartphone to access Class Dojo and give students positive or negative points towards their behavior. For example, if Mary is working hard, then I can reward her for her efforts. If Little Johnny is out of his chair without permission, then I can give him a negative point as a consequence, however, this motivates my students to behave so they can start accumulating positive points. You can use the points as a way to grade participation in class or just as a management tool. When you end the class a donut chart will appear showing the breakdown points given. The class can see the overall behavior for the day, but you can also see individuals charts as well by clicking on their name. Class Dojo has a “mock” class for you to try out before you start using it with your own classes. So what are you waiting for? Give it a try and let me know how it has worked for you!

5 Comments so far ↓